Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Something about 12GE

The dust had settled. BN was denied 2/3 majority by the people. On top of that, Kelantan, Kedah, Penang, Perak and Selangor are not in their grips. Gerakan and MCA were completely wiped out of Penang, the power-base of Chinese in Malaysia.

On my way back to Penang to cast my vote, I was quite optimistic about a BN win in Penang, in fact my mind is guessing around what Cabinet portfolio will Koh Tsu Koon be given. My sole purpose of casting my vote is to ensure non-Penangites are kick out from Penang's politics, Penang is for Penangites. The moment I stepped into my home that particular noon on that faithful day, my father conveyed me a rather 'alien' message, he said the Opposition will gonna capture Penang. I don't believe it and just simply shrug off it. To an 'outsider' like me who work at the nation capital, I cannot sensed the strong Opposition wind, unlike my father who can received first hand information on the ground. True to his says, Penang is gone by midnight. In fact, at around 8:30pm when I heard over radio that no BN supporters are appearing in Batu Kawan counting centre, I told myself to brace for the worst.

Not only in Penang, other states fell like dominos. Even Nik Aziz called it a 'tsunami'. A tsunami is a natural disaster that usually caught everyone unprepared. Not only BN is unprepared, neither is the Oppositions. I can vouch that Rakyat is not going to let an unprepared team to govern them. Sadly, now this is what had happened. Political analysts said that this is protest vote strategy that gone overboard. People vote for Oppositions not because they like them, just because they want to give the government a 'lesson'. They do not want 'rocket' to govern the state, the voters' 'teach-them-a-lesson' euphoria, quickly turned into cold sweat. Will them, the 'rocket', bring disaster? How is our livelihood be affected. These question will remain unanswered for a long period of time. Let just pray that when the answers to these questions arise, it is not too late to make a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

不管黑猫還是白猫,抓到老鼠的就是好猫.